There is always more than one reason you are experiencing this issue. I have heard this phrase so many times and I hope it can shed light to anyone reading. However, read the blog and if anything resonates with you- let's chat.
Here are my top reasons you may not be losing the weight.
1. You’re Dehydrated and your body doesn't get enough water to offset your subtle appetite for all the snacks you enjoy eating. If you would drink more water and wake up hydrated you can increase your metabolism which will help increase your calories burned during your day to cut fat.
2. A Gallup poll suggested that, 40 percent of people get less than 7 hours of sleep each night. Without enough sleep the stress hormone cortisol— as well as blood sugar and insulin— all rise, which can make you feel hungry. Lack of sleep also causes insulin resistance, which makes it easier for your body to store fat.
3. You use a hard workout as an excuse to eat. I attend a hard workout class in Atlanta, Ga. It is very clear that half of the thousands of members are diligent in getting a good workout but when they leave the gym, they are eating everything in sight. Ideally, we should eat food that will fuel your workout and include a small healthy snack for recovery.
4. Your thyroid is the Issue. Thyroid function can internal issue that is out of your control. It important for metabolism however experts agree thyroid problems are one of the most undiagnosed problems that can get in the way of weight loss. Ideally, your TSH should be between .5 and 1 and an integrative or functional medical physician is your best bet. Consult your doctors folks.
5. You’re eating Way too much sugar and you don’t even realize it. The ones that bother me most is all the sugar in so-called healthy smoothies, yogurt, and processed foods that can wreak havoc on your waistline. Fructose is by far the worst because it goes straight to the liver where it makes fat. It also elevates your sweet tooth so you want more and bypasses satiety signals so you eat but you’re still hungry. If I can recommend anything to watch out and cut immediately, its Sugar. So read labels and slowly cut down on sugar.